WR - Re: event

William E. Lyon lyonden at camalott.com
Wed Mar 17 08:35:02 PST 1999

Greetings Good People all, Greetings From
Lady Ealasaid-Na-Ailea  Seneschal for the
Shire of Mendersham.

I would like to send a special invitation to all who hear these
words.  The Shire of Mendersham wishes the Honour of your
company for a day in London.  This day will be a spring fair in
London, in the year 1348.  For such a celebration we have many
visitors from far away,  One gentleman has come to us from the
city of Calais.  He has brought us such tales that we can hardly
Believe them.  He tells of a Black Death,  of Rats as big as dogs,
of Doctors with fantastic masks and cures for the Plague......
Of these things we know very little, But we have secured several
learned Teachers who have promised to hold classes to enlighten
us all.    As our fair shire has had an abundant harvest this past fall
and a mild winter this year we shall have an joyous and rich Spring
Festival for you to enjoy.  So come one and all to the Shire of
Mendersham.
We will have many fun spring games such as a Bear-Pit tourney, a
Rapier tourney, Archery, Arts & Sciences, Knife-axe-spear, and so
many other games such as I can hardly list them all here....
Do not worry over-much about the rats as our learned Autocrat tells
us that that they are just a product of our mild winter and he has
planed Rat games,  to take care of this small problem.  There will
also be a mask competition--to help us to better understand the
ways in which  the Doctors are able to save us from the Black
Death.  You never know when one might come in handy.  Our
Feastocrat has promised us a rich feast of :
                                          Chicken and Barley soup
               					   Ribs of a pig
                                          Roasted Chicken
							   Roasts of Beef
							   Seasoned Carrots
							   Mushroom Tartlets
							   Braised Cabbage with Currants
							   Breads and Butters
							   Cheeses
							   Wardens in Sirrop
							   Teas
The Feastocrat has promised this feast to be filled with good Herbs
to  help ward off the illness that has taken the city of Calais,  So
worry not for the signs of illness have not touched our fair city, and
we hope that you and your people will come and Celebrate
    A Day in London        With the Shire of Mendersham.
Feast is set for 100 so get you reservations in early to
Lord Uilleam Farquharson
lyonden at camalott.com
For more information and a map to the site, please
see our page in the Black Star  or our web page
A good day to you all,
In Searvice to the Dream
Lady Ealasaid-Na-Ailea
Seneschal-shire of Mendersham