WR - War Practice Is On!!!!!

Thomas Jenkins enforcer_74 at email.com
Wed Nov 10 15:28:06 PST 1999

Greetings unto one and all...

The Western Region War Practice scheduled for Nov. 20 will continue as
planned. I agree with Curnan, Sam, and all of the other fighters in the
region that we shouldn't flip-flop these types of practices at the last
minute. We all have mundane responsibilities that we must maintain, as well
as Society... Everyone knew of this practice well in advance, and with
plenty of time to make plans. On that subject, nuff said...

The site for the practice will be the Comanche Trail Park (the same site
we've used for War Practices in the past). Here are the directions...

Coming from East and West: Take I-20 to Big Spring. Take the exit marked Hwy
87 South, heading south (duh) through the city of Big Spring. You will cross
FM 700, and as you pass Wal-Mart and Movie Gallery, you will see Whipkey
Road to your immediate right (there will be SCA signs there). Take Whipkey
to the stop sign (next to the tennis courts). Make a right at the stop sign.
Road will dead end into another road, which you will make a left on. Follow
this road down the hill, and the pavillion (number two) will be the first
one on your right. That is where we practice.

Coming from North And South: Take Hwy 87 into Big Spring. If you are coming
from the south, you will see Whipkey on the left, right across from Pizza
Hut. Coming from the north, follow the east and west directions as they read
coming in on Hwy 87.

Okay, I probably made that much more difficult than necessary, but I'm a
Carolina boy, and we aren't real good with directions. Normally we'd tell
you to turn right where that store "used" to be in the fourties, and then
make a right at the one legged dog... etc...

Anyone who needs crash space, Lady Marianna said she has plenty, but you may
want to reserve a spot in advance. You can send those reservations to me...

We are still planning on having a revel after the practice at Lady
Marianna's, so if you plan to attend, please let me know how many, and
whether or not you can bring something. HL Eleanor is bringing the sweets,
so bring your appetite...

I'm looking forward to the practice... We will get started around 11 a.m.,
and we have a lot to do, so come ready to fight!

In Service To Causes I've
Probably Never Heard Of,
And Probably Don't Want To,

Logan Macleod of the
Clan Macleod
KM Crossrode Keep
Squire to Sir Aaron

"We don't have time to discuss this with a committee!"
- Han Solo