WR - WR War Practice...

Thomas Jenkins enforcer_74 at email.com
Mon Oct 18 14:28:34 PDT 1999

Greetings unto one and all!
Let me begin by congratulating Sir Drake on his victory at Crown Tournament.
This was the first Crown Tourney I've been able to attend since I left my
homeland of Atlantia far behind me, and it was certainly something of heroic
and magical proportion. Also, congratulations to Sir Aaron and my squire
brothers that competed... You represented our area and group splendidly...
Now down to business... There will be a Western Region War Practice
Saturday, November 20, in Crossrode Keep. Fighting is expected to get
underway at 11 a.m., but I will be on site around 10 a.m. to help anyone
needing to get re-authorized, or any other pencil-pushin' activities...
Baron Vallust has agreed to teach a class on the youth boffer/combat that
day as well, an excellent chance for many of us fighters to get authorized
to marshall such activities. I really feel like the youth aspect of our fair
sport represents a chance for the SCA to not only grow, but draw a whole new
genre of players.
I had hoped to have some light fighting activities going on at the practice
as well, also with the hopes that I might find someone with patience beyond
infinity to begin my training in that particular art... However, Toshiro
contacted me late last week and said he will be unable to attend due to
mundane business. If there is anyone else out there authorized to marshal
and fight, and interesting in teaching a class in light fighting, please
contact me and let me know. I have quite a few people in my shire alone that
would like to begin their training as well.
I've also had some interest presented to me while I was at Crown to have
other, non-combat activities at the practice. If anyone would like to teach
a class or hold a meeting during practice, please contact me as soon as
possible.

And as the evening mist rose around us,
Covering the cool autumn smell of the decaying leaves,
I could sense that something mysterious was afoot,
And that this night would be like no other...

Also a quick reminder that "All Hallows Eve" is rapidly approaching, and I
hope those in the Western Region will be making plans to attend. Information
on the event is in the Blackstar (Thanks to my infinitely handy co-autocrat,
Agnarr), and I'd be happy to answer any questions or special requirements
anyone might have. Just get in touch with me.

In Service To The Crown,

Logan Alexander Macleod
of the Clan Macleod
KM Crossrode Keep
Squire to Sir Aaron

"The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner... Now I
am the master..."   -Darth Vader, and everyone at Crown Tourney during the
final round between Sir Mahatti (I probably spelled that wrong... Sorry),
and Sir Drake...