WR - All Hallows Eve Tourney...

Thomas Jenkins enforcer_74 at email.com
Wed Sep 22 10:48:33 PDT 1999

Greetings to one and all! Recently I asked the fighters of the Western
Region to put in their votes as to what type of heavy tournament to hold at
Crossrode Keep's "All Hallows Eve," and I am happy to say the winner is
in...
Surprisingly enough, more fighters expressed the desire to hold a plain-old
double elimination tourney... I must say, that speaks a thousand good word
to the Western Region as far as I am concerned.
When I first began fighting as an Ansteorran (I came here from Atlantia in
'97), it seemed like that was the only type of tourney around. I missed the
absorption battles and bear pits of my former homeland a great deal...
However, as of late, there seems to be more and more diversification in
tournies in our great Kingdom, and I am thankful, but (you just had to know
there would be a "but" in there somewhere)...
Hey, I like a little variety in my life, too, and as Sir Aaron has pointed
out double elim. tournies have been rather rare of late, so that shall be
the heavy fighting flavor of "All Hallows Eve."
HL Agnarr Thorvaldson has been gracious enough to donate a very nice sword
for the tourney prize, and if I didn't already have my hands full
autocratting this monstrosity, I would certainly have my "eyes on the
prize."
Of course, those of you that know me know there's no way I'm going to let
this thing go off without some kind of Halloween type scenario involved, and
beware... I have some pretty spooky things involved... hehehehehehehe
I'd like to say thanx to the folks that put Gothic Wars on... It was a
barrel of fun... If anyone picked a hand-and-a-half sword up off of the
melee field (rather worn and battered with a thruster), please let me
know... I seem to have forgotten it, and not only was it a gift from my dear
brother Ian, but it was also a darn good sword.
Thanx..
In Service To Causes I
Probably Never Heard Of,
And Probably Don't