WR - Gothic War Negotiations

Chet chetchildress at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 11 01:12:09 PDT 2000

It is true what you say about importance of honor.  To fight for the honor
of it is exactly what most of do, how we are to play the game.  But what
does one do when two paths lie before them, both of equal honor and glory
to be one, both to service with honorable lords who offer a just cause?.
Which path do we chose then?  Which lord do we serve?  Do we go to one and
say I will fight with you for you are the most honorable lord?  Can we say
to the other that they are less?  No, for in that is the only path to
dishonor.  We insult the one we do not follow and dishonor ourselves in
doing so.  Also how might we chose which of the two are the better?  What
right do we have to judge anyone and would we want such a judgement wished
down upon us?  No, there must be a better way.  So we let a few coins
change hands, a bauble given as a gift, a favor bestowed, and when we go to
fight for them we point at the token and say this is why we fight for one
and not the other.  Thus there is no dishonor.  It is a bridge over a,
river these tokens. A sign to ease the choice of path so that all are well
serverd and honor is rightly shared.  That is all.

Lord  Gavin Mac Iain