WR - Lansknechten point of honor.

adams, ozy ozy at door.net
Tue Apr 11 06:06:18 PDT 2000

Herr Gerrald stated:
> Here I am a lansknecht, a mercenary, and your faithful man-at-arms and
then
> I have to hear such things.

Meine herr,
I would ask you to reconsider two things, the idea that we are only
mercenaries, and that we hold gold above honor.
We are mercenary only in the respect that we are professional soldiers
available for hire, only when the motherland does not need us.
Only once have Landsknechten failed to come home when called to arms, they
were branded the Black Company. A bounty was placed on their heads, not of
gold or silver, but honor. That bounty was collected, by their Landsknecht
brethren. To say the Black Company was decimated would be a gross
understatement, they were executed, to the man. No quarter, no repreive, the
wounded were killed on the feild.
I would ask you to reconsider two things, the idea that we are only
mercenaries, and that we hold gold above honor.

Herr Erazmus Totengrabber
Keine Rue Fur Die Bosen Fahlein