WR - Fw: SCA College

rlportwood rlportwood at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 4 09:44:14 PDT 2000

From: rlportwood
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2000 11:43AM
Subject: SCA College

SCA College

On August 19th, Bonwicke is holding an SCA College.  If you are new to the SCA or you would just like to learn another skill or craft, please come.  So far, we will be holding classes in costuming, illumination, bardcraft, marshalling, fighting skills, court dancing, etc.  We need more teachers.  If you would like to teach a class or put on a 15 to 30 minute demonstration of a craft, please volunteer!

We are also going to hold a medieval cooking contest and food fest!  Everyone that comes must cook a medieval dish of your choice (main dish, side dish, or dessert).  Please double or triple if you can.  Be brave!!!  You can do it!!! You can make as many dishes as you like.  There are no limitations on the number of entries.  If cooking is just out of the question, please bring something like fruits, bread, or cheese, etc.  The food fest is going to be our feast.  After feast, everyone will vote for their favorite dish.  A great prize basket well worth winning will be awarded!
We are charging a small donation for the event.  Only $2.00 (cash only, no checks please).  For children 10 and under, we only ask that you bring a can of food as a donation to the South Plains Food Bank.
So, if you have any questions, would like to volunteer to teach/demonstrate, or need advice on medieval recipes, please contact me at rlportwood at earthlink.net
Directions to the site and times will be forthcoming.

In Service to Christ and Crown,
Mistress Ascelyn
Baroness de Bonwicke