WR - Come to a Sewing Bee!

Jane Lusk jlusk at crcom.net
Sat Aug 5 19:37:54 PDT 2000

Greetings unto all!

The Shire of Crossrode Keep (Big Spring, TX) is having a sewing
get-together (a garb and gab fest, if you will), and we wish to invite
all our friends to come join us!

WHEN:  Saturday, August 19, 2000  (Our sincere apologies for this
conflict with the A&S event in Bonwicke.  This was the day we could get
the site.  If any of you weren't going to get to make it to Bonwicke's
great event, we offer this as an alternative.)  We've got the Hall for
the the whole day, so please come around 10:00am and stay as long as you
want.

WHERE:  Fellowship Hall, First Presbyterian Church, Big Spring, TX,
located at the intersection of 7th and Runnels Streets.  The easiest way
to get there is to come into Big Spring on Hwy 87 (aka Gregg Street as
it runs through Big Spring), turn east on 7th and go four blocks.  It's
a big, Gothic-styled building.  The door we'll be using is the glass
door on the north end of the building, the 7th Street side.  CAUTION:
Big Spring has two 7th streets!  If you're coming from the north, skip
NW 7th, and continue on south till you drive over the viaduct, then
start looking for 7th St.   An easily visible landmark is the "Skipper
Travel" sign--turn east there.

WHAT:  A very informal sewing bee.  We have oodles of room for setting
up our sewing machines and for cutting our fabric.  Lady Almaith from
Trelac will be there to give instruction on the construction of Gwazii
coats, for those interested in making one of those garments.  This
should be a good place for newbies to come to get help in their garb
making.  Maybe we can all make new duds for Gothic War!  If you don't
want to sew, please just come and visit.

OTHER STUFF:  We'll have sandwich makings available for lunch.  We ask
you to please bring your own beverages and some potluck munchies.  There
is no charge for any of this--we just want everyone who comes to have a
sewin' good time.

Hope to see you there!

Your friend,
Ldy Elewys Luscomb
Hospitaller, Shire of Crossrode Keep
(If you have questions, or need further info, please contact me at this
addy:
jlusk at crcom.net)