WR - Bonwicke's 12th Night

Lord Kainin Tepésa kainin at copycraft.com
Fri Jan 14 16:25:44 PST 2000

    To all the fair gentles of the Kingdom of Ansteorra and beyond, their
Excellencies Vallust et Ascelyn de Bonwicke do send greetings, and hope
that this missive finds you well. You are all invited to attend our Twelfth
Night celebration to be held in Bonwicke on the twenty-second day of
January in the common year two thousand. Please join us in this time of
feasting and revelry as the Lords and Ladies of Bonwicke assemble to pay
tribute for the lands with which they have been entrusted.
    There are to be many challenges throughout the day to keep all
entertained. In our arts and sciences tournament, the various practitioners
are invited to come and exhibit their work for the enlightenment and
delight of the assembled. There will be a light armored tournament for
those ladies and lords that favour the school of fence. There will be a
heavy armored tournament that is to be held in the style of the ransom
tourney that is quite the fashion in England and France. Shop the wares of
well-traveled merchants who are sure to have something that will captivate
and entice you. Learn various skills from the gathered scribes and
teachers. And, of course, there will be a feast of abundance containing
rare and exotic dishes from the Holy Lands. Worry not of the threat of the
infidels, for they are far from our borders and our minds, and we are ready
to share with you the bounty that our Barony has to offer.

The site is Northridge Elementary School, 6302 11th Place, Lubbock, Tx.
>From North Loop 289, take 4th Street exit, go West (outside the Loop). Turn
South (left) at Milwaukee Ave. You will see Northridge Elementary on your
left.

Site opens at 9:00 am and closes at 10:00 pm. Merchants can set up at 9:00
am and are asked to be down by 5:00 pm. Space for only one table each. The
site is DRY and SMOKE FREE.

There will be a Heavy Tourney (the now-famous Ransom Tourney), a Light
Tourney, and an Arts & Science Competition (documention is required).
Schedule to be posted day of the event.

Autocrat - The Honorable Lady Niccola Visconti - Elizabeth Spears
(EAWSpears at aol.com)

Feastocrat - Lady Constance - Leeta Loveless (leetaharold at odsy.net)

MENU

Meze (beginnings):
Ekmek (unleavened bread), Peynir (cheese), Zeytinli (olives), Meyvali
(fruits), Cacik (yogurt and cucumber sauce), Easulya (fried white beans).

Main Course:
Tavuk Kebabi (chicken kebab), Cop Kebabi (beef sticks), Bahcivan Kebabi
(vegetable kebab), Bulgur with Apricots, CousCous with Caramelized Onions.

Dessert:
Ekmek Kadayif (cakes with syrup and cream).

Feast is limited to 150, make your reservations now; they are going FAST!!!!

Site fee is $7.00 for ages 13 and up, $5.00 with presentation of membership
card, $4.00 for children 5 to 12 and children 4 and under are free. There
is a $30.00 cap on families.

Feast fee is $7.00 for ages 6 and up, children 6 and under are free.

Make checks to SCA: Barony of Bonwicke

Minors must be accompanied by parents or legal guardians. They may also
attend with a 21 year or older adult with a signed and notarized Minor
Event Waiver Form from the parents.