WR - Marshalling Classes

rstarkey rstarkey at camalott.com
Fri Jul 21 13:30:39 PDT 2000

In order that the Western Region will be in compliance and we all can beat
each other with sticks, I am willing to travel to give inspecting and field
marshal authorization classes to any in the WR who need them.  I am also
willing to bring my armor....

Drop me an email if your people need the classes, and we can come to a time
and place.

Ryah
KM, Mendersham
Authorization Marshal (Heavy)

Heilsa all Ansteorran Marshals and Fighters...

>There has, of late, been a substantial problem as regards Warranted
Marshals
>and "legal" Local Fighter Practices.
>
>Local groups have only one Warranted Knight Marshal. Many do not have any
>Knights holding the Authorizing Marshal certification, or an Authorizing
>Marshal within their territory. This can be a problem when the Local
>Warranted Knight Marshal cannot make every practice for whatever reason.
>Many Local Knight Marshals are active fighters and no one can ask them to
>effectively stop fighting tournaments and melees for their two year tenure.
>Yet, Kingdom Law _requires_ a Warranted Knight Marshal to attend all
>official functions where there is active Combat. It's a miserable "Catch
22"
>situation...
>
>Here is the solution (at least until a better idea comes along).
>
>In consultation with the Kingdom Seneschal, Master Richard Fairborne, the
>Earl Marshal does set the following policy:

>Effective immediately, 20 JULY 2000, All Official Local Fighter Practices
>will be considered legally convened when the following listed conditions
>exist:
>
>1. The Local Fighter Practice must be published in either the Local
>newsletter or the Black Star stating location, date, and time.
>
>AND
>
>2. The Local Knight Marshal, holding at least Inspection Marshal
>certification in the form of a current Authorization Card, and listed on
the
>Warrant Roster is present at the location of the Local Fighter Practice at
>the stated date and time.
>
>OR (in conjunction with condition 1.)
>
>3. An Authorizing Marshal, with current Authorization Card, and listed on
>the Warrant Roster is present at the location of the Local Fighter Practice
>at the stated date and time.
>
>OR WHEN (in conjunction with condition 1.)
>
>4. A Marshal, holding, at a minimum, Inspection Marshal certification in
the
>form of a current Authorization Card AND any other current Warranted
Officer