WR - Steppes Warlord

Connie Fielder eleanor34 at webtv.net
Mon May 29 16:49:37 PDT 2000

Your Excellency, this was indeed a Warlord for the records! The tornado
sirens in the midst of tearing down your merchant booth certainly picked
up our tempo! With the Lord's help, all was salvaged, the exception
being the camera that was left behind in the mad dash up to the Civic
Center.......the sight of horses in the CC was startling, but the sight
of Canton residents piling in with the rest of us really brought home
the point that we were all in very real danger.

But of all the heroic things that transpired during the weekend, there
is one that I want to share with the West; as the storm intensified
overhead, parents were asked to gather in the bathrooms in the CC for
further safety. There were some upset children, but most were just
apprehensive. Centurion Brita had Alex and Kaylie in a stall with her,
and I stood just outside along the wall with Clinton, when I heard a
father ask his 2 young sons if they wanted to pray. They did, and then
from out of nowhere he produced a guitar and with his boys made his way
to the center of the crowded bathroom. He reminded us that no matter how
rough things got, we were not alone. He asked we all sing along to some
songs to help alleviate our fears; the first song was 'He's got the
whole world in His hands". The sound of children and parents singing
this song, with lights going off and on, and the roar of the winds
outside is a memory I shall never forget. And all because one father
reached out to calm the fears of those crowded in a bathroom. We were
family..............there are so many other memories, but this one
reminded me of why I play........the Dream was alive and well at
Warlord.....

Baroness Eleanor de Broke