WR - western__Star at hotmail.com has been added to western.

Western Star western__star at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 20 21:17:50 PST 2001

>From: Charlie Cain <larkin at webstar.net>
>To: western at ansteorra.org
>Subject: WR - western__Star at hotmail.com has been added to western.
>Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 17:50:24 -0600
>
>western__Star at hotmail.com has been added to western.
>Please introduce youself.
>--

No introduction needed,  the Western Star is a newly formed group in the
Western Region, We are members of your active rapier community.  Below is
our charter to help you better understand what our groug is.

***      The Western Star of Ansteorra   ***

The Western Star has been formed to promote and expand the art of rapier
combat throughout the Western Region of Ansteorra. All members are set as
equals in the group and there are to be no ranks or levels with-in the
group.

Members will remain active in the rapier community and support local and
regional rapier combat. Each member shall strive to improve rapier combat in
their area and thoughout the western region. All members must be carded as a
rapier fighter and as a rapier marshal in the Kingdom of Ansteorra. The
Western Star shall hold meetings at all events in the Western Region that
have rapier combat. Most meetings will be open to anyone who wishes to
attend.  As a symbol of membership to the Western Star members will wear a
yellow scarf with black fringing tied to their belts.  If for any reason a
memeber can not meet these requirements they can be suspend or removed from
the group by a vote of membership.

Before being able to join, each new member must be carded as a rapier
fighter and rapier marshal in the Kingdom of Ansteorra, and have shown
support for rapier in the Western Region. A few ways
to show support are, but not limited to: marshalling, teaching rapier,
hosting  tourney and/or marshaling class. New members must be voted in by
the membership.

If for any reason a member becomes inactive for less than one year they will
not lose thier memberhip; however,  if said memeber is inactive for more
than one year they will be removed from the group.

Any votes that are to take place within the group will be at an announced
meeting, where a simple  majority vote of the present membership must be
gained. Proxy vote will be acceptable from any active member.  To remove a
member a vote of 2/3 or better must be obtained.

The membership may add amendments this our charter, as needed.

**end charter**

If you are intrested in our group you can contact us at:
Western__Star at hotmail.com