[Western] October 13th in Bonwicke

HL Kainin Tepesa kainin at copycraft.com
Mon Oct 8 08:20:36 PDT 2001

First and foremost let me take this moment to extend our heartfelt
congratulations unto the well deserved victory of His Highness Sir
Aaron MacGregor. VIVAT Prince Aaron, VIVAT Princess Brita! You both
do the West proud!

Kainin & Oriana

>Could we please get more details on the day event in Bonwicke, Oct.
>13, such as when and exactly where?  It sounds like fun!
>
>Your friend,
>Elewys Luscomb

Unto Lady Elewys and all good gentles of the West (and beyond),

Tis the harvest once more, and the cold months of winter are fast
upon us. It is our pleasure to hold again a college, tournament and
feast whilst the milder days of autumn still hold sway. Therefore, we
humbly request the honour of your presence in our fair Barony of
Bonwicke on the thirteenth day of October.

This will be a day of chivalry on the field of honour, artistry,
learning and revelry. We wish to commence the day's activities at the
tenth hour of the morning. Classes will be taught throughout the day,
and tournaments will be held throughout the afternoon. In accordance
with tradition, there will be a culinary test of skill open to all.
To the winner will be awarded a fitting token and much word fame. The
feast will be supplemented  by the entries, so that all may partake
of these excellent dishes. After the feast, we shall hold a court so
that we may award those recognized by Their Majesties.

We hold you in the highest esteem and look forward to your company.
May your journey be a pleasant one.

Their Excellencies Vallust et Ascelyn de Bonwicke

via their herald, Honorable Lord Kainin Tepesa

General Information:

Bonwicke's Newcomer's Revel
Saturday, October 13th, 2001, 10am til 9ish pm
49th and Ave. U in the Gym behind Colonial Baptist Church

Site fee: $2.00per person for current SCAers or a can of food for all
newcomers, children under 6 are free

Events:
Chivalric Tourney with prize to be awarded
Rapier Demonstration - Tourney with enough entries
Medieval Cooking Contest with prize to be awarded Entries will be
voted on during feast by the populace, so please bring enough for all
to sample. If there are those who do not wish to bring a period dish,
but would like to supplement the feast, please feel free to bring
breads, cheeses, fruits, vegetables, etc. The Barony will also be
supplying additional meat.

Classes (Tentative):
Reeve's (Treasurer's) Class - Honorable Lady Niccola
Illumination - Honorable Lady Oriana
Period Games - Honorable Lady Torfengr
Courtly Graces - Honorable Lord Kainin and his lovely assistant Oriana
Persona Development - Honorable Lord Kainin
Wire Jewelry - Lady Ceiteidh
Herbalism - Her Excellency Ascelyn, OL
Middle Eastern Dance Classes
Chess Tournament

Any interested in teaching a class or for additional information,
please contact Lady Serafina de Gratia (Kate Allison at 806-784-0754)