[Western] Calling all fighers

rstarkey rstarkey at camalott.com
Thu Sep 27 08:16:08 PDT 2001

My good Honorable Lady,
 Sweetwater and Abilene have more than one park.   When we hold Gothic or
any other event at Lake Sweetwater, and pay a fee for its use, it is to
reserve the whole park for the entire weekend for the SCA.  Like you there
in Bonwicke, we hold our fighter practices at a city park and are not
charged a usage fee.   While I absolutely support all events held by any of
the groups in the Western Region, and understand that the intent of the Fray
to meet with the fighters here in the Region on the day of your Newcomers
may pull the heavy fighters to Abilene rather than to Bonwicke, I find your
comment that "I would imagine that Sweetwater would want to charge for the
use of the site whereas the park here is free." implies that Mendersham is
an unsuitable place to meet at anytime because we would have to charge
money.  Asking the Fray to come to Bonwicke instead, or even to pick another
weekend is fine.  Impying that coming to Bonwicke is better because
Mendersham would charge them money is insulting.

Lady AmaRyah hap Illys de Visclo
Knight Marshal, Mendersham