[Western] This weekend

HL Kainin Tepesa kainin at copycraft.com
Fri Apr 12 07:47:42 PDT 2002

Greetings to all good gentles of the Western Region,

Spring is finally upon us and the Dragon of Winter has at last been
laid to rest. In honor of this time the Barony of Bonwicke will be
hosting a Spring Tournament on the morrow and all are invited. We
will have a chivalric tournament in which Lord Japser and Baron
Chiang have both challenged to hold the field against all comers. We
will also have a rapier tournament featuring a duel of honor between
Lord Japser and his Lordship Toshiro. This is not a day to be missed,
come to Bonwicke and enjoy or hospitality.

In service,
Kainin

The event is to be held at Kastman Park which is just inside the Loop
between Memphis and Indiana in Lubbock. The day will start at noon
and will run until darkness has fallen and we all venture home again.
We will be having an old fashioned cook-out for the evening meal, hot
dogs, hamburgers and all the trimmings. Donations of buns, chips and
desserts will be greatly appreciated but are not required.

I do not know how we manage to always place events like this up
against Mendersham's Celebrate Abilene and for that I truly
apologize. Celebrate Abilene is Mendersham's biggest demo of the year
and so I encourage everyone that can to attend there and help
Mendersham in this endeavor to gain new membership. If by chance you
cannot travel to Mendersham but might be able to make it to Bonwicke
then we will be pleased to host you. The information for Celebrate
Abilene is below, copied from an earlier post by Angus Matheson:

"The Shire of Mendersham will by putting on demos this weekend at
Celebrate Abilene if you can come and help we would love to have you.
We will have display space also so bring your A&S projects. Also we
will have stage time for heavy and light fighting so don't forget
your arms and armor. For those that come let the people at the gate
know you are with the SCA for the demo and get in free. The times
will be Saturday April 13 10am - 6pm and Sunday April 14, Noon to
5pm. A revel Saturday night will be had a Master Rosario's house the
Address is 4181 Potomac.
Angus Matheson
Mendersham"