[Western] Western Region Fighter Roll Call!!

Gustafson gustav at hub.ofthe.net
Tue Aug 13 22:09:17 PDT 2002

Greetings Venerable one,

I have returned from a viking into northern England.  I have been
investigating the threat to our beloved barony.  Your good steward Kainin
was so good as to check the taverns and brothels.  He and his band of
archers with their shafts at ready would seem to have the Golden Antelope
and the eastern edge of Bonwicke covered.  I have faith in his knowledge and
ability to cover these areas.  As such I have sent my men into the wild and
open land outside of the civilized lands.  On the western shore several
small curragh were found beached and covered with boughs.  These raiders
were so bold as to make no serious effort to cover their tracks.  The
raiders have been located hiding among a small leper colony just to the
northwest of your lands.   Several good men have been lost or injured in
skirmishes with the raiders while attempting to return this information.
The raiders are a small but skilled group.  Currently they are attempting to
hire mercenaries with promises of wealth and women.

Be that as it may.  We have many mercenaries in this land.  It may be that
some are tempted to support this upstart "captain" who we believe is no more
than a runaway thrall from southern Sweden.

Tomorrow (08-13-02) I will stand the field at our usual practice site,
sharpening my sword and polishing my ax.  Any and all members of our barony
who wish practice, training or to show support are encouraged to attend.  I
plan to arrive at 5:00pm

I remain,
Gustav Hastings
Defender, Bonwicke