[Western] Bonwicke's Yule Revel

HL Kainin Tepesa kainin at copycraft.com
Wed Dec 4 19:57:29 PST 2002

Greetings unto the West,

Bonwicke experienced some scheduling conflicts that did not allow us
to hold our usual 12th Night this year, however undaunted we have
decided to hold an off-calendar Yule Revel. The Yule Revel will be an
all-day event on December 14th, starting at 1:00pm. It will be held
at the Canterbury Center which is located at 2407 16th (on 16th
Street right off of University) in Lubbock (link to map on our
web-site forthcoming). The day will be filled with tournaments (both
chivalric and rapier), an arts and sciences competition
(documentation not required) as well as a cooking contest (period
recipes) and possible chess contest. The feast will be pot luck, the
Barony is providing briskets for the meat we just need other dishes
or side items. If you are entering the cooking contest it will be
judged at that time and your dish will be enjoyed by all. If you do
not wish to enter the cooking contest please bring a dish that will
go well with brisket. Site fee is a small item for any of the prize
baskets (ie: chivalric, rapier, A&S or cooking) and we will be
accepting donations to offset the cost (something between $2.00 to
$3.00 per person would be a great help). As I have more information I
will forward it to the list. We do hope that you will all come and
join us in this celebration.

In service,
Kainin