[Western] Bad new about Lady Mom.

Jesus Cavazos toshirokoi at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 12 11:29:21 PDT 2002

I'm sorry about this blanket announcement, but it's so I'll reach all those
concerned about Lady Mom.

She wanted to do this herself, but since she can't sit up for too long, I'm
doing it for her.

She doesn't have pancreatic cancer as we were first told. It's a lot, lot
worse. She has cancer of a bile duct from the liver through the pancreas.
It's a very aggressive type of cancer. An operation will do no good. It's
too spread out for radiation. That leaves chemo. But that's not good enough.
There's nothing the doctors can do but give her pain medication to make her
comfortable. And she doesn't have as much time as she though she had. If
there's anything you want to say to her, or give her, I would suggest you do
so by Halloween. Or you may not be able to.
I know this sucks. But at least we have time to prepare. And time to say
goodbye. We have time to say those things we would have regretted not
saying. Time to get used to the pain.
This week she and some of the family are headed back to Houston for the
doctors to check her out, again. I'm not sure when she'll be back. When she
is, I'll post it to the list. You all can schedule visits if you want. But
if she can't see you or is a little short with you, remember, it's the pain
and the chemo.
I'm sorry if this short, blunt, and disjointed, but it's hard to see the
keyboard, as I'm sure it's hard to read the words.
To all those who know her and love her, keep her and her family, real and
adopted, in your prayers and thoughts.
I'll keep you posted.

Toshiro