[Western] Many Thanks

Ron Portwood vallust at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 21 17:36:33 PDT 2002

Greetings To One and All,
    Her Excellency and I would like to thank all of you who made their way to our beloved barony this weekend. You made our newcomers revel very special. Seeing as there was no charge at the gate there is no way to have an exact number, but we believe there were 70 to 80 people in attendance.  Shoot!  That's a whole event!
    We would also like to thank all the people that made this happen.  HL Johnna for being such a great Steward and Hospitaler.  To HL Gregory for putting up with HL Johnna when she's being a great Steward and Hospitaler.  To HE Chiang for running the heavy tourney and to Lord William for the Light Tourney.  Thanks to all of those who brought stuff, whether it was food or display items or pavilions.  I think we really caught the public's eye and had a great time in doing so.  Thanks to m'Lady Sharon for all her hard work entertaining the children.  That's a tough job!  Special kudos go out to Lord Brand for being such a wonderful chef and to Lord Alaric for supplying the grill to chef on.  Thanks to all who marshaled the tourneys, set up and/or cleaned up, and all the other stuff we all have to do to have a good time.  But the great thing about the West is that we all pitch in and help each other.  We couldn't have done it without each and every one of you.
Thanks again.
Vallust and Ascelyn