[Western] Information on Chroniclers

HL Kainin Tepesa kainin at copycraft.com
Thu Jun 20 08:29:32 PDT 2002

Greetings,

I would like to further clarify the information that Mistress Ulrica
posted from the Kingdom Chronicler that has been causing confusion
and clear up some of the nagging questions about newsletter that have
been hanging around lately:

All groups (Shire and above) must have a Chronicler in their core
group of officers.

All group Chroniclers must publish a newsletter for their group.

Newsletters must be published, at the very least, every other month
(that would be a total of 6 a year), this is an absolute must and
failure to do so can get your group in a heap of trouble.

These newsletters may be emailed to the populace with the following
stipulations:
1) That there is no charge for the newsletter (ie: it is free to everyone).
2) That a printed version of the newsletter is available to all who
request it and that the printed version (your report) is mailed to
the Kingdom Chronicler, the Regional Chronicler, the Crown, the Heirs
(if applicable), and the Deputy Kingdom Secretary.
3) The emailed versions are expressly requested from those that
receive them (if I was you I would keep it in writing in my files).

If you charge for your newsletter then you absolutely cannot have an
email version of it. The way that the corporate office looks at this
issue is all groups should be printing their newsletter, if they are
not charging for their newsletter then they may offer an emailed
version to those that request it.

If you get in a bind and have absolutely nothing to publish then at
the very least publish your newsletter (proper heading and
disclaimers) with a list of officers and a brief local calender. I
cannot stress enough that you must have a newsletter published at
least every other month.

These requirements are covered in the Kingdom Chronicler's Handbook
and in Kingdom Law: http://ansteorra.org/publications/law/

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me at
kainin at copycraft.com and I will be happy to help.

In service,
Kainin - Western Regional Chronicler