[Western] Mosaics fun class

Jane Lusk jlusk at crcom.net
Wed May 29 19:12:34 PDT 2002

Greetings unto All!

The good gentles of Crossrode Keep invite you to join us for a sewing
bee that isn't a sewing bee. <G>  We're going to learn a new
craft--mosaics using Sculpey III clay.   Lady Almaith of Trelac will be
teaching us.  I'm told this is a good activity for children, so you MOCs
out there might be interested.  Here's a list of supplies to bring:

Clay in your favorite colors (this needs to be clay that will bake
hard--Sculpey III is recommended)
Black bake-hard clay for the base of the tile
Exacto knife or craft knife
Cutting board of some kind

(personal note--our local Wal-Mart carries Sculpey III in "sampler"
packages with a variety of colors--ours has packages of either 6 or 12
different colors.  I also saw some plastic Sculpey tools that look less
lethal than a knife, for those of us sharp-edge-challenged folks.<G>)

WHEN:  Saturday, June 1, 2002.  We've got the Hall for the whole
day, so please come around 9:30 or 10:00am and stay as long as you want.

WHERE:  Fellowship Hall, First Presbyterian Church, Big Spring, TX,
located at the intersection of 7th and Runnels Streets.  The easiest way
to get there is to come into Big Spring on Hwy 87.  Stay on it until it
becomes S Gregg Street through Big Spring. Stay on S Gregg until you get
to W 7th St, and turn east.  Continue east on 7th St. till you get to
Runnels St.  Stop at that big, Gothic-styled building.  The door we'll
be using is the glass door on the north end of the building, the 7th
Street side.  CAUTION: Big Spring has two 7th streets!  If you're coming
from the north, skip NW 7th, and continue on south till you drive over
the viaduct, then start looking for W 7th St.   An easily visible
landmark is the "Skipper Travel" sign--turn east there.

OTHER STUFF:   We ask you to please bring your own beverages and some
potluck munchies.  We'll have ice and bottled water on hand, and plan a
short break for lunch.  We'll order in some pizzas or KFC or something.
There is no charge for any of this--we just want everyone who comes to
have a good
time.

Hope to see you there!

Your friend,
Ldy Elewys Luscomb
Hospitaller, Shire of Crossrode Keep
(If you have questions, or need further info, please contact me at this
addy:
jlusk at crcom.net)