[Western] invitation

rlportwood rlportwood at earthlink.net
Fri May 31 12:57:47 PDT 2002

I have had several people show an interest in learning how to knit.
At Passe d'Armes, I would love to teach a class under the Bonwicke
pavilion during the day.  We'll start in the morning and go on until
we feel like stopping. The initial investment is very small: less than
$10.
If anyone is interested in learning how to knit, you will need the
following which can be found at Wal-Mart, Hobby-Lobby, Michael's, or
any other craft store:
*****Straight-across knitting (sweaters, scarves):
One set of straight knitting needles, size 10, 11, 12, or 13.
One or two skeins of worsted-weight yarn, color of your choice.
*****Knitting-in-the-Round (socks, mittens, stocking caps, pouches):
1 or 2 sets of double-pointed needles, size 3, 4,5, or 6.
1 skein of worsted-weight yarn, color of your choice.
****Additional Accessories (nice to have but not a necessity):
Point Protectors(look like little rubber bullets)
Tape Measure or Knitting Ruler (looks like a metal ruler but has holes
in it)
Stitch Holders (look like huge safety pins).

If you have any questions, please email me.
In Service,
Ascelyn