[Western] Sept. 21+22, 2002

Dean racerx at tcac.net
Fri Sep 13 16:10:08 PDT 2002

Sept. 21, 2002

The Shire of Adlersruhe will be holding a Demo at the West Texas A+M campus from 10am - 2pm. Anyone who is available to attend and help show the Texas Panhandle what the SCA is all about, would be most appreciated. We need all trades of people and merchants are welcome, but cannot sell any food.

We would like to get enough fighters, both Rapier and Armored, to not only demonstrate the styles of fighting against a single opponent but to also demonstrate Battle situations, (Melees). Also, we will auction off each fighter to the highest bidder, that fighter will wear that persons favor and participate in a Chivalric Tournament in a test of arms. The winner will receive a prize to present to the person who's favor you wear. Also, we will be holding the "Fight A Knight" for any and all brave enough to take part.

We expect the majority of the people to be students. There will not be an A+S competition, but for the "History" students and professors, it would be most appreciated if you could display some items and if you have period documentation, that would be even better.

I have been asked to coordinate the fighting for the day. So if any fighters or for that matter anyone else, need any info or directions call me at 806-356-8518 or email me at racerx at tcac.net

Also, as stated in a previous post, we will be holding a cook out for everyone that attends.

Sept. 22, 2002

Chiang had mentioned something before about a Practice/Tourney in Bonwicke Sunday afternoon. I am planning on attending and will bring down as many fighters as I can gather, both Rapier and Armored. Hopefully I will get a chance to see and fight allot of you both days..  wink wink nudge nudge say no more say no more.

Thank you in advance,
Curn