[Western] FW:

estarkey estarkey at starband.net
Sun Dec 7 00:15:11 PST 2003

from the systematic site on hoaxes, i found the following information  the
url is http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/jdbgmgr.exe.file.hoax.html
for further information

      Jdbgmgr.exe file hoax
      Reported on: April 12, 2002
      Last Updated on: December 03, 2003 10:25:09 AM

Symantec Security Response encourages you to ignore any messages regarding
this hoax. It is harmless and is intended only to cause unwarranted concern.

      Type:  Hoax

This hoax, like the SULFNBK.EXE Warning hoax, tries to encourage you to
delete a legitimate Windows file from your computer. Jdbgmgr.exe is the file
to which the hoax refers, and it is the Microsoft Debugger Registrar for
Java. The Jdbgmgr.exe file may be installed when you install Windows.

----
Notes:
  a.. Some versions of this hoax take advantage of an actual threat, the
W32.bugbear at mm worm. The Jdbgmgr.exe file mentioned in the hoax has a bear
icon. The actual W32.bugbear at mm worm file is a .exe file and does not have a
bear icon.
  b.. Other versions of this hoax have slightly different ways in which they
refer to the Jdbgmgr.exe file, usually in the subject of the email message.
  For example:

  Subject: "jdbg" Virus: how to detect and remove.

----