[Western] Unto All who would be our Titled Artisan...

Paula Hanna pippermint at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 10 09:17:26 PDT 2003

Unto the Noble State of Ansteorra does the Baroness of Bonwicke and Steward of her
Twelfth Night Celebration send greetings.

I am calling all artists of Ansteorra who would vie for the title of Bonwicke's
Champion Artisan this coming December. This missive may seem at the outset a bit
premature, but I believe in giving our Kingdom's artists much advance notice to
complete their craft.

Our Twelfth Night this year shall be a Masquerade Ball, and as such the theme of the
Arts & Sciences shall be "Celebration in Bonwicke". Whether one choses to depict a
scene of celebration, something worn or partaken of in celebration, or merely an
object bearing red and gold, Bonwicke's fair colors, is up to the artist. Be limited
only by your imagination; these are merely suggestions. Points are to be awarded on
the usage of both the theme of "celebration" and "Bonwicke".

Please come bearing a letter of intent and documentation. As the date is still
pending, I can give no more precise information than the event is to be held in
December in our Barony at the year's end.

Additionally and separately from the Arts and Sciences shall be a contest for Best
Mask, Best Chivalric Fighter's Helm Crest, and Best Rapier Fighter's Decorated
Buckler to be chosen by the populace. But that is a topic for another letter, and
merely something to think on for now.

Any with questions or concerns may direct these to me at: pippermint at sbcglobal.net,
and I long to see the result of this call for entrants.

I remain then, simply,
Oriana della Francesca
Lady Bonwicke
Steward of Bonwicke's Twelfth Night