[Western] This last Saturday's festivities.

Jesus Cavazos toshirokoi at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 30 11:55:23 PDT 2003

I would like to express my thanks to all who came out to this last
Saturday's event in Bonwicke.
We had six rapier fighters and about as many heavy fighters. There was lots
of fighting. We also had the archery equipement out for people to try out.
Following the fighting, there was the eating of the food. Which was
excellent. Thank you Rufus-san for cooking the burgers and dogs for us. And
thank you all for bringing so much food, we ran out of hunger and we still
had food left over.
We had several people come by and ask about us and the SCA. Hopefully we'll
pick up some new players.
I would also like to thank Taqsim for coming out after their practice and
performing for us at the request of His Excellency. While the ladies were
dancing, they were literaly stopping traffic. One car stopped in the turn
lane even though there was no place for them to turn. They make a u-turn and
drove slowly by the site just to see more dancing. And if you would like to
see Taqsim perform again, they will be at the Fourth on Broardway on the
Heritage stage between 1:30 and 2 pm. Check a schedule to be sure of the
time.
Again, thank you one and all.
If you didn't have fun this Saturday, it's because you weren't here. Better
luck next time.

HL Toshiro Koi
WR Rapier Marshall