[Western] Gulf Wars thanks

chiang chiang at odsy.net
Sun Mar 23 20:45:33 PST 2003

  Please forgive me for waiting so long to say a few things about Gulf Wars.
As Ritter Erasmus said, "Gulf Wars rocked". I had as much fun as the law
would allow.
  On a bit more serious note. I would like to thank all the fighters from
the Western Region, Rhoadd, and Thuein. We fielded in the neighborhood of 25
fighters, all of whom showed great courage and honor. I have never before
had such a willing group of fighters. They worked well together as a unit.
They did what was asked of them.
  Some of the things they did were holding a banner for 3 of  the 4 times
points were counted in the Ravine Battle, Agnarr taking out the last
Trimarian in the Ravine Battle, going over the ramps during the Fort Battle,
the  unit as a whole running a sortie out of the Fort from both sally ports,
with a charge that turned the tide of battle early that so disheartened the
enemy that they could not recover, taking out a vital siege tower,
around 14 archers, some few pole and shield men, and several siege ramps.
   All in all they did a remarkable job, with courage and honor. A commander
might ask for better troops, but he would not get them. They did you proud.
I can not express the full extent of my pride and gratitude for them and
their work.
  Thank you again, Gang.
   I am and remain,
   Yours in Service,
   HE Chiang, Centurion and proud commander of the Western Region and its
   combined Allies