[Western] Directions to Park in Snyder and other Stuff

jprogersjr jprogersjr at cox.net
Thu Sep 11 21:46:35 PDT 2003

Greetings My Lords and Ladies, and all Excellencies planning to attend the demo in Snyder.

I have been urged today several times to post directions to the park and will do so shortly within this letter. First let it be known that my mother passed away this morning at 1:50am after a long battle with breast cancers. All condolences are well received and thank you in advance.

Now let me say that this does not, repeat DOES NOT, cancel the demonstration. I will be attending my mother's funeral from 10am to sometime between 1130 and noon. After the funeral I will be in attendance. In the mean time, while I am gone, Lord Dimitri of Crossrode Keep will be the contact person. Oh yeah, the scheduled start time for the demo is 10am.

Finally, for the directions:

Mendersham: Take I-20 to highway 84, follow 84 until you reach the first Snyder Exit, follow the road until you come to a stop sign, from that stop sign turn left and head into town. At the Town and Country, turn left, this will be 37th street. Follow 37th street until you reach the stop light. Turn left at that stop light. This will be College Avenue. Follow College Avenue until just past Wal-Mart. There will be a Crossrode Keep directional sign pointing the way. This will put you in Towle Park. We will be near the bathrooms.

Bonwicke:
Take your fastest way in Lubbock to Highway 84 going east. Follow 84 until you hit construction just outside of Snyder. This will put you on a service road. When the construction splits to turn into the highway again, stay on the service road and turn right at the Town and Country (this is a 2nd one as opposed to the one that is in the directions for Mendersham). This will put you on College Avenue. Follow it until you find wal-mart and the Crossrode Keep directional sign. This will put you in Towle Park and just follow the road until you find us.

Blacklake:
Take I-20 to Big Spring and then take exit 177 which should be the exit for highway 350. Follow Highway 350 all the way into Snyder. You will see the Crossrode Keep directional sign into Towle Park. Follow the road until you find us.

Crossrode Keep: (most of you should know this anyway)
Take your fastest route to highway 350 and follow it into Snyder, Agnarr will place the signs and just follow them.

Trelac:
There are two sets of directions for you. Depending on your local in San Angelo, take either 87 north or 208 north. If you take 87 north, after you get into Big Spring, follow the instructions for Blacklake. If you follow 208, this will take you through Colorado City. Follow 208 north until you see the sign for the Western Texas College. That will be a left turn. Follow this FM road until you reach the next stop sign. At the stop sign, turn right. This will put you on Highway 350(College Avenue). From there just follow the signs.

Okay that wasn't a finally, hopefully this is:
Events: (Thanks to Lord Dimitri for the Ideas)
Heavy and Light lists shall be Order of Precedence, being fighter's choice of weaponry. The lists shall alternate starting with either heavy or light at Lord Dimitri's or the fighters' discretion. To be on the safe side, as always, fighters bring your fighter cards and blue cards for those of you that have them. Even though this is a demo, I would not want anything to go wrong. And since there will be the Light and Heavy list, armor inspection will happen first. Depending on how many fighters of both types we have, I expect approximately 1 to 2 hours.
Potluck Feast: Please bring cold potluck as electricity is scarce. I shall have my Gas Grill out there and Lord Dimitri will be bringing his Coleman stove, so we actually need to wing it on that. During feast, for those wishing to, Bardic should take place. I know of at least one person that is willing to do it, but we need more please.
Knife, Axe, and Spear And Archery: These shall take place after lunch. Probably both events will be in the same list area, but with every precaution possible. During this time it would also be a good idea for anything A&S related (except brewing because I live in a dry county) whether it is to take time to talk to the interested population or perhaps having a populace vote on some A&S items.
Last but not least, Their Excellencies Baron Kainin and Baroness Orianna have agreed to hold a mock court, so everyone that is not in the SCA can get a feel for things.

Agnarr, I know you are bringing the signs and the list field, would you be so kind as to bring the pavilion?
Lady Elewys, I meant to ask you at populace on Tuesday, but other things were on my mind. Would you please bring your dress dummy? We got something we could put on it, but if you have something better for it go ahead and do it that way.

I know I have probably forgotten something, so feel free to remind me. I have never autocrated before and it looks like this is what I have turned into for this (big grin) demo.

Anyway for the time being this looks like it is going to be a load of fun. My lady and I will see you all there between 1130 and noon hopefully.

In service to the Dream
Eoin mac Domhnaill