[Western] question from the fool

Timothy Rayburn timothy at elfsea.net
Thu Sep 25 13:03:05 PDT 2003

-- A fool, though a bright one did ask :
p.s. what was the cap and bells. also what was the motley sash?

p.s.s does anyone know where i can find a "lord wormy of ansteorra"? i have a few questions

The Cap and Bells of Bjornsburg was one of the first Baronial Service Awards for the Barony of Bjornsburg.  Few have them, fewer still that are actively playing, even fewer will admit to it.  Why that name?  Not entirely certain, I would contact the Herald of Bjornsburg if you're curious.

The Motley Sash, also closed, was an award to recognize the art of foolery within the Kingdom of Ansteorra.  It was closed during the reign of Patrick-Micheal V & Julia V with the feeling being that a Sable Thistle in Foolery could do the job just as well.  (This is a legit reason, look into Meridies awards sometime if you want to see how 'refined' our system in Ansteorra really is.