[Western] Viking Bed

Charlie Cain larkinokane at cox.net
Mon Aug 30 08:01:49 PDT 2004

>> A mattress is needed to keep the side rails from bending in.
>> Otherwise, the 1" thick lumber is sufficiently strong for a single bed
and makes it very portable.
>> The 1" lumber also better matches the appearance of the reconstructed
Viking bed than would
>> 2" lumber.

I think us "heavyweights" might have trouble with 1" thick lumber whether we
used rope or slats.
If I remember correctly, Agnar made a single bed that used slats for Maria
de los Santos. But I think it used 2" lumber for the frame and was a single
rather than a double.

How about it Agnar, if you're getting email again, any ideas?

Larkin -