[Western] Regional War Practice

Dirk the Dead dirkthedead at cox.net
Mon Jan 26 23:08:06 PST 2004

Lords and Ladies of the Western Region,

We are fast approaching our First Crescent Wrench and our Second Regional
War Practice.

Our first Regional War Practice was the day after 12th Night and was
attended by 7 heavy fighters and about as many members of the Rapier
community.  Needles to say, we were disappointed by the turnout, and while
we all understand that mundane matters can, and unfortunately, often do
interfere with our hobby, it is my hope, and the hope of many of the Western
Region that this coming Regional War Practice can be successful.

In order for this to be successful, we need the support of the Western
Region as a whole.  While we may only field about 15 fighters from the
Western region at Gulf Wars, it is important for us to train with many more
fighters so that we can represent those brothers and sisters that are unable
to make the trip in March.  When we walk onto that field wearing our
crescent moon and that great Ansteorran Star upon our tabards, we are not
just a collection of fighters, or even members of the Ansteorran Army, but
the representatives of the entire Western Region.  We need your support in
this practice- even if it's just you being there to help show the strength
of the region.

It's a difficult trip to make in March, and many of us are unable to make it
due to mundane jobs, family, or financial issues, but to make a trip in our
own region to support the region is a much more attainable goal.

Whether you participate in Heavy Fighting, or rapier, archery, or are even
just a spectator, you are a member of the Region, and your presence at this
fighter practice will help make it successful.  Come support your friends,
family and your region!

I hope to see each of you there.

Dirk