[Western] rising of the star

Ansteorra WebMinister vscribe at ansteorra.org
Tue Mar 23 14:19:06 PST 2004

This is the most recent one that I have, the Aaron and Brita verse is
contained here.

The Rising of the Star

1979 by Bathazar of Endor
(sheet music at http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Aegean/2883/rising.gif,
sounds at
http://meltingpot.fortunecity.com/melwood/780/bardicfire/vocals/lyricsmidi/scadian/rising.htm)

'then, tell me folk from Atenvelt,O have you hear said
That the sun upon yer banner has turned a bloody red?
we are coming from the southlands,you don't know who we are
were the boys from Ansteorra, with the rising of the star.

Many a foe have tried us, on many a bloody field.
A precious few have killed us, because we never yield
We've got powder for our canons, grape shot and boiling tar.
were your friends from Ansteorra, by the rising of the star.
by the rising of the star, by the rising of the star.
were your friends from Ansteorra, by the rising of the star.

Out of Western Ansteorra, there comes a noble pair,
Whose Warriors grace and Honor, are known both near and far.
Sir Aaron's sword an Brita's Arms, are known for what they are.
They are Warriors of Ansteorra By the Rising Of The Star.
Oh the rising of the Star, Oh the rising of the Star,
They are Warriors of Ansteorra By the Rising Of The Star.

The women of Ansteorra, they'll make you lovely wives.
But check their skirts and bodices, they always carry knives!
They say their Ironmongery, their beauty will not Mar.
they will thrill you or they'll kill you, by the rising of the star.
by the rising of the star, by the rising of the star
they will thrill you or they'll kill you, by the rising of the star

The children of Ansteorra, are ever so polite.
But don't you turn yer back on them, the little buggers bite!
Their cunning none surpasses, you know they will go far.
They are the heir of Ansteorra, by the rising of the star.
by the rising of the star, by the rising of the star,
They are the heir of Ansteorra, by the rising of the star.

The Bards of Ansteorra, are ever long of wind.
Their songs have no beginnings, and their tales have no ends
They can't carry a tune in a bucket or a jar.
but they'll revel until daylight, by the rising of the star.
by the rising of the star, by the rising of the star,
but they'll revel until daylight, by the rising of the star.

The Summers of Ansteorra, are seven months in length.
the rivers lose their waters, and the fighters lose their strength!
Their swooning in the tourneys, and fainting in the wars.
They long for cool November, by the rising of the star.
by the rising of the star, by the rising of the star,
They long for cool November, by the rising of the star.

We're just psychotic killers, we love to maim and crunch.
Don't pack us any baskets,We'll just eat their dead for lunch!
We're brothers of the Normans, and Daughters of the Czars.
We are your friends from Ansteorra, by the rising of the star.
by the rising of the star, by the rising of the star,
We are your friends from Ansteorra, by the rising of the star.

(Additional verses)

(This verse is obsolete.
He's no longer a prince or even a Viscount: he's a Count.)
Now we have Sir Simonn who's called the Mountaingate.
That isn't silver acne; he's just dressed out in his plate.
He's got shields made of iron, a sword made from a spar.
He's a Prince of Ansteorra by the Rising of the Star.
By the Rising of the Star. By the Rising of the Star.
He's a Prince of Ansteorra by the Rising of the Star.

Many are our laurels, who study seriously
Then there are the warriors, steeped in authenticity,
Who'll sing you Irish drinking songs from the 18th century
By the rising of the star, by the rising of the star
We are the people of Ansteorra by the rising of the star

Chiara
Kingdom WebMinister, Ansteorra