[Western] Gothic Wars 14

Ld Byron chance at camalott.com
Thu May 27 17:18:56 PDT 2004

This year Gothic Wars will be held at Hords Creek on Sept 3-6. This is an
Army Corp. of Engineers Lake. The main gate will be locked at 10PM. (We are
going to talk to the manager of the park about the gate, but as it stands
now.) This is the second turn in to the lake form Coleman, and the first
from Winters. Will have a pickup at gate until midnight to get late
arrivials - tent, and person to site. Your vehicle will have to be parked
outside of gate until the next morning at 6AM. We will be in group area 6 &
7. Will be on site at 3PM, Troll will open at 4PM, hopefully. The 24 hour
periods start at 3PM and end at 2PM. Here are some sites if you wish to
visit them for a look at the site. Hope to see you there.        Byron -
slave 2

230 Friendship Park Road Coleman, Texas 76834 (915)625-2322
----
First a terra view.
http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?t=1&s=13&x=278&y=2201&z=14&w=1
Army Corp. Page
http://swf67.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/hords/
Texas Parks and Wildlife
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fish/infish/lakes/hords/lake_id.htm

I have tried 5 of the driving directioins sites and none can find Hords
Creek, and yes, I tried the address on the engineers site. It is ~7 miles
west of Coleman, Texas on 153. 153 going out Coleman goes up a large hill at
the edge of town. No hill - you are on the wrong road. From the west -
Winters, Texas. I have not driven to the site from this direction,sorry.
There is a large sign on the south of 153 on the road to the main gate.

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Realm/9469/event/     event web site
I  am trying to set up a youth boffer for defender, but plans are still
being made.   Byron