[Western] Gothic War Letter

K-L k-l at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 5 11:19:26 PDT 2005

A dear friend once advised me that if I was to seek the favor of those
higher than myself, I should bestow gifts and possessions that are very dear
to me upon them. Having found nothing of greater value than my devotion and
service, I humbly offer these to the Western Region. Hoping they will be
accepted with the intent they are given. And although I consider my meager
talents beneath the Western Region, I know the compassion and knowledge of
the Western Region will honor and embrace the deeds I bring into its
presence.

Without delaying the message further, I wish to announce Gothic War XV!! Oh
sure, there was little fun at Gulf Wars, but who wants to drive all that
way? Gothic War will be hosted by the shire of Adlersruhe this year at the
Sweetwater Municipal Park site.

There will be Chivalric and light events including melees, Castle gate
battles, and multiple tourneys. New to Gothic War this year is WAR POINTS!
Currently points will be awarded for chivalric melee and tourney, rapier
melee and tourney, Heraldry, Arts and Sciences, Knife Axe and Spear,
Archery, Bardic and Water-bearing. The army with the most points will
receive the spoils of the war chest. A website with this information  and
more will be up soon.

Also, this is a special year for Gothic. Gothic war will host the Amazon
household's 25th year anniversary. Surely, something not to be missed!

Merchants, if you would like to reserve space for you store please contact
me with store dimensions. Reservations are first come first served. If you
have special needs please let me know and I will make accommodations as
needed.

If you are interested in volunteering to help with Gothic War please let me
know.

In Service,

Rufus Guthrie

Autocrat Gothic War XV