[Western] CeltFest Kudoes

jlusk at crcom.net jlusk at crcom.net
Thu Apr 21 15:40:41 PDT 2005

Greetings, Western Region!

I'll try to be short here, but you all know that's difficult for me. <G>

I wanted to give a public "Thank You" to all our Western Regioners who helped
so graciously with our CeltFest 2005 SCA demo.  We had royalty, we had
fighters, we had weavers and embroiders, we had a beggar and her hungry
dragon, and I believe we had fun and success. We ended the two days with
almost a full page of names and contact info for folks interested in joining
our groups.  These names are now in the hands of the HL Augustina and Lord
Efflim/Aflac.  May Blacklake grow and prosper!

So, many thanks to Mistress Evelyn for inviting us; Baron Sinclair for helping
set up the pavilions and list field; Lady Almaith for her great signage and
drapes that helped us look professional and her weaving/blackwork/quilting
examples; Lady Alyenora for her sewing demo and help in the children's tent;
Lady Muiriath and Sirius for her archery display and all-around help; HL
Augustina for her beautiful display of garb and needlework; Lord Efflim/Aflac
for taking his new post of hospitaller seriously and conscientiously; Lady
Catherine and Raider for lending support and period persona;  and the Trelac
bunch for their wonderful rapier demo and fighting equipment display.  Lady
Muirghein planned and presented a great program, with imcomparable help from
HE Gavin, Lord Faloan (sp?), Lady Grainne, HL Larkin, and Thomas of Trelac.
And many, many thanks to our special Earl and Countess, Aaron and Britta, who
always add poise and graciousness and support to all our endeavors.

I've gotten good reports from the Fest board, so I think we can plan on being
asked back next year.  Many people showed interest in who we are and what we
do.  In fact, expect to see a new couple at Bonwicke's Champions this
weekend!  They couldn't wait to get started.

Again, my sincere thanks to all of you.  I hope I didn't overlook anybody--if
I did, I apologize for my faulty memory.

Yours in Service to the Dream,
Lady Elewys