[Western] CeltFest once again

Cameron Cook bonwickejester at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 11 06:33:02 PDT 2005

Lady Elwes,

At this time, my lady Kristyan and I are planning on being there. There are some mundane concerns that we are waiting to play out to make sure though. Go ahead and put us down and if we can't make it, I will let you know.

In Service,

William Cameron & Kristyan de Long

(Cameron & Kristy Cook)

Jane Lusk <jlusk at crcom.net> wrote:
Greetings, good gentles!

I felt one more peptalk for CeltFest at Odessa College next weekend
(April 16 & 17) was in order. So far, 15 people have volunteered for
the SCA demo. Thank you, Western Region! If more of you are planning
to come, please remember to SUBMIT YOUR NAMES for inclusion on the
Fest's volunteer list. This gets you in free as a volunteer for the
Fest. If you know of others who are planning to attend and may not be
on the mailing list, please pass this request on to them. Last year's
1st annual CeltFest brought in 4000 people. Here's a good opportunity
to get some of those folks interested in our wonderful SCA. Blacklake,
I think this could be most beneficial to your group, since most of the
attendees will probably be Odessa/Midland folks. You have super
talented SCAdians in your group (I'm picturing Japanese armor, exquisite
blackwork and embroidery, chain maile armor, skilled fighters....), so I
hope more of you can join us.

Speaking of fighters, we could surely use some more of you, if you're
available. Our schedule is flexible, but there'll be *at least* one
bout light and heavy each day. Did you read Modius' post about demos?
Here's a good opportunity to have fun and show off a bit. There's a
bridge near our site. Bridge battle, anyone?

I've also been asked about dogs and motels (not necessarily in that
order). Dogs on leash are rather a tradition at these celtic
festivals. You'll see big dogs, little dogs, dogs in kilts and Scottish
tams...in fact, there's a costumed doggy parade at 2:00 on Saturday.
Your best friend could even win a prize!

About motels--at the Fest's website (texascelticfestival.org, I think,
or Google CeltFest 2005) there a listing of motels offering special
rates for Fest-goers. FYI--the Crossrode Keepers are staying at a Days
Inn on Bus. 20 in Odessa, which offered pretty good rates for a
4-person-1-dog room, in which one of the persons was old (think AARP
card).

We'll be keeping a sign-up sheet for names and contact info of
interested spectators, and will forward this info to the respective
shires/barony where these folks live. We'll use the seneschal info in
the Black Star, unless you'd rather we send it to someone else in your
group. Just let us know, and we'll gladly comply.

Well, that probably more than enough from me . Hope to see you at
CeltFest 2005!

Your friend,
Elewys the verbose

http://mail.yahoo.com