[Western] Chilren Activities at Gothic

HE Kainin Tepesa kainintepesa at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 18 08:41:50 PDT 2005

Greetings unto my Western Kinsman,

It appears that the villain Ruspoli has finally
decided to come out of hiding and issue some direct,
albeit odd, challenges in this public forum. Far be it
from me to let challenges, no matter how unorthodox,
of a fugitive of the Crown's law go unanswered.

THE COWARDLY CUR RUSPOLI WROTE:

    >To my future people of the Western Region,

    >Once I have broken the backbone of the west we
will strengthen it with an army that
    >will be feared by all. We will strengthen the
lands that will support this army and the
    >hands that work it. I do not want to destroy the
West, I want to make it strong and
    >once I prove exactly how weak Kainin truly is,
you will come to respect my authoratie.

    >Kainin is raising an army to march against my
Dark Raiders, which is much expected,
    >but he has done nothing for the lands and people
that I have seen. More importantly,
    >he has done nothing for the future of the west
which lies in the hands of your youth.
    >Yes, your children are the true future of the
west. Kainin is selfish and does not
    >actually look toward your future, after all, he
is the patriarch of a mercenary household.
    >To show the west that I am truly concerned for
its future and the support of its children,
    >I am going to host a children's activity at
Gothic War Sunday early after noon. The
    >activities should only take a couple of hours and
I am sure the children will have a
    >grand time.

    >Would the Western Region MOC reply to me so I can
organize this with her?
    >ruspoli at gmail.com

    >See, I am not such a bad guy after all....now am
I? ;>)

    >Captain Carados Ruspoli

Yes indeed, this Ruspoli is the very soul of
generosity; all you need do is submit to his iron
will, fear him and he will strengthen the lands of the
west with his army. No doubt this army will be
stationed throughout this region, a contingency in
every Shire and the power seat here in Bonwicke. Worry
not though, for this army will be there to protect
you. All you need do is feed, shelter and supply them
with the sweat of your brow and the coin of your own
purse. That and submit to their laws, their searches
and seizures of your property and any other whim that
comes to their dastardly hearts. Do this and the
generous and benevolent Ruspoli will let you live out
your lives in peace . . . his peace.

To this I say fie, I would rather die than see the
west fall under the rule of this black dog and his
band of cutthroats. I will defend the freedom of the
west to my last dying breath, I hope that all of you
will join with me in doing the same. Peace is not
peace if it is at the whim of a tyrant.

THEN THE BLACK HEARTED CRIMINAL FOLLOWED WITH:

    >Naturally I will give the children back.

    >I also propose an "off the field" truce between
myself and Kainin and our armies so
    >there is extra care in making sure the children
are safe as well as any innocent
    >bystanders.

    >We will only engage on the feild and allow those
points to be decided.

    >Captain Carados Ruspoli

As to the children, I for one would not trust them to
the care of this villain, however I will ensure their
safety whilst they are at play. I agree to this truce,
Ruspoil, for the time surrounding the games of our
youth. I do this so that they may be sheltered from
the horrors of war and may be able to pass the time it
takes us to crush this outlaw, in safety. In fact, I
have already been in contact with the western Minister
of Children and she and I have had discussions as to
the care and comfort for the future of the west. Worry
not, for they will be in good hands.

THE LIES OF THIS SLANDEROUS SON OF A SLATTERN,
PROMPTED THE QUESTION:

    >Another question. What 'mercenary' household is
the
    >Baron patriarch of?

    >Madame Corsair
    >Ldy Eadaoin inghean Eoin mhic Domhnaill

TO WHICH THE GOOD CAPTAIN OF MY GUARD REPLIED:

    >One can hardly be a mercenary when they have
sworn fealty to the King,
    >now can they?
    >Yours in Service,
    >HE Chiang, Centurion
    >Captain of the Baronial Guard of Bonwicke

Well said Baron Chiang, my loyalties are with my
Liege, the Crown of Ansteorra. I have sworn an oath to
the Kingdom, to protect and care for her and that oath
will not be broken. What the ill informed lout Ruspoli
is referring to are the deeds of my past. It 'tis true
that I was the patriarch of a free company, House
Phoenix. 'Tis also true that we did sell our services.
However, we never sold ourselves against our homeland.
Now House Phoenix has sworn allegiance to the Crown of
Ansteorra, through me, and are merely a tournament
company. Though they may still fight with the colors
of the Phoenix, they are always under the banner of
the Black Star. Let no one question the unwavering
loyalties that I have to the Crown and this great land
of ours. The land that I will fight to protect from
Carados Ruspoli.

In service to Christ and Crown,
Kainin Tepesa
Baron of Bonwicke