[Western] Gothic Wars

HE Kainin Tepesa kainintepesa at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 26 08:52:46 PDT 2005

Greetings unto my good kinsmen,

In a week's time, I take my armies to crush the
criminal Ruspoli who has plagued our lands for the
past year. I pray that all of you will join with me,
so that we may see this villain defeated once and for
all. Come to the village of Sweetwater and support me
in this Gothic War (
http://adlersruhe.ansteorra.org/Gothic.html ). If you
have any doubt to the vile nature of this fiend, read
(below) the letter from my good herald. We can no
longer tolerate these acts of treason, now is the time
to finish this, join me and we will see that this army
of cowards meets the end that it so richly deserves.
To victory!

In service to Christ and Crown,
Kainin Tepesa
Baron of Bonwicke

---------------
My Liege,
The shadow of Ruspoli has deepened greatly, and thus I
send to you this final missive via carrier pigeon, for
only birds can pass the encroaching lines drawn about
my keep. Hawkridge estate is now besieged, and the
walls we defend are crumbling under a withering
barrage even as I pen this last note.
Tonight Galen and I shall ride out and try to break
through his lines to meet and join with you at the
field of honor in the east, but my holdings are
shattered, and my retainers are dwindling. I hope that
you have succeeded in rallying our countrymen during
this period of unrest. You shall need the support of
our noble brethren in this endeavor.
As I look out upon the ghastly carnage this villain
has wrought upon me I am gravely disheartened, but I
have faith yet that justice will prevail. The list of
RuspoliÕs crimes lengthens with each hour, and with
every victory he enjoys he inspires greater anger in
our homeland. The voices of the dead echo through the
shuddering halls of my home, crying out for vengeance
against our foe, and the wailing of their loves and
families shall be at a high crescendo when this
monster finally arrives before you.
Until next we speak, should God grant me such
strength, sharpen your weapons and make ready to loose
the dogs of war Kainin, for Ruspoli comes to you now
and the hordes of bitter Hell ride with him.
In Service to the Barony and to the Crown that
rightfully rules our Kingdom,
Lord Tristan Hawkridge