[Western] Regional Marshal

muirghein muirghein at plaiddragon.net
Tue Aug 30 05:37:26 PDT 2005

At Crescent Wrench I let everyone know that I was hesitant to apply for the
office of Regional Rapier Marshal because our future was on such unsteady
legs at the time.  I will say now that things have stabilized a bit and I
will definitely be in region for the next six months and things are looking
good for remaining after that.  My thanks to all those who sent us good
thoughts and prayers.  That being said, I have been “persuaded” (don’t be
surprised if you see my arm in a sling at Gothic!), to go forward with my
application.  So, here I am, posting it on the list, as requested by HL
Ryah.  Please feel free to commence with the rotten fruit throwing (I dodge
well!)

Application for Office

Kingdom of Ansteorra

Legal Name: ________Laurie Garnes__________________

Address: ___________________________

___3502 Lake Dr.___________

___San Angelo, TX 76903____

Phone: (_325_)_656-6442______

SCA Name: __Muirghein MacKiernan______

Titles (if any): __Lady_____________________________

SCA Group and Region: __Trelac, Western______

Group’s City and State: ___San Angelo, TX______

Membership Expiration Date: _6/30/06__

Membership #: __112556___

Position being applied for: ____Regional Rapier Marshal__________

Previous Positions held: _Trelac Local Rapier Marshal, Insulae Draconis
Regional Rapier Marshal/Drachenwald, ID Regional Chronicler/Drachenwald,
Thamesreach A&S Minister/Drachenwald, Trelac Local A&S Minister – Current,
Western Deputy Regional Rapier Marshal – Current

(Attach a list of qualifications and skills you have for the position being
applied for and why you want the position).

I am organized.  I have strong managerial skills, as I have been a manager
in several capacities.  I am prepared to make the difficult decisions and
take the necessary actions the office may require.  I do travel quite a bit
and will make sure that I spend some time in every area of the region as
long as we remain here.  I truly enjoy rapier and want to do everything I
can to promote it in our region.  I have a sincere love for the Western
Region and will do whatever I can to make it stronger.

To Angus & Ryah, I will bring copies of my cards with me to Gothic.  If you
need anything else, let me know.

In service,

Lady Muirghein MacKiernan

Holder of the Queen’s Glove of Ansteorra (Britta)

Member of the Popular Company of Sojourners of Drachenwald

Cadet to Don Christian Jerome Dore’ de Valance

Free Scholar of the Academy of Defense of Drachenwald