[Western] The matter of the black dog Ruspoli...

agnarr agnarr at cox.net
Tue Aug 23 06:45:27 PDT 2005

Baroness Jan,

I have stayed quiet on the matter of Ruspoli as all should know that my loyalty will always lie with the Kingdom, the King and Queen of Ansteorran and to those they entrust with their lands (which means I support my friends HE Kainin and HE Orianna).

But I must speak up and let you all know the rest of the story of Elizabeth.

I have for the past week hunted across the lands near the Crossrodes for the source of constant howling sounds and other distressing noises that have echoed across the lands - night and day.  And so this past Saturday eve in the persuit of this cause of tracking the poor afflicted animal sounds I came to the manor of the parents of lady Elizabeth Blackthorne.

There I saw the lady Elizabeth Blackthorne and I was amazed and revolted at the vile words that came forth out of her mouth as she gloated at the attempt she made on Kainin life at Am Loch and she is in my not so humble opinion out of her ranting mind on where her loyalty resides.  Such words she spake that eve I will not repeat to a mixed or young company.  Her poor father and mother were worn out from trying to help her to no avail and her brother said that his parents were fearful of her as she rants and hollers late into the night air and keeping them from a good nights sleep worring about this Ruspoli that she goes on about to "come and save her from traitors."   Little did they realize that the Ruspoli she screams for to "rescue her" is the same one that has been a curse to the western lands of Ansteorra.  I had a heavy heart when I broke the news to them that I thought this person to be the one and same.  I can also say that they were taking good care of her bodily wise but the affliction that has overcome her mind is I think beyond her fathers great skill to cure.

She stated that evening when I asked why she would do such a thing that she drank with a black cloaked "cutie" and other witnesses that attended the Am Loch event have stated to me that her claim is truthful in that she did drink a concoction that was given to her by a mysterious black cloaked individual and there-after she did make an attempt on the good Baron life.   I think that their must be a connection between the mysterious drink given to her and the actions that happened afterwards.  I was hoping that she would have had this toxic substance out of her body by now, and so she would then come to see the wrong she had done to the good Baron Kainin when this toxin had run it course and she would then feel the remorse that such actions should cause to a normal minded person.   However it has come apparent to me that the lizard faced Ruspoli has had something to do with the drink she took that eve and so he was able to more easily alter her weakened mind on where her loyalty lies.

Now for those that do not know Elizabeth it should be made aware that she is a member of your large shall I say - Gender Specific Household - so the outright "capture" of her would cause problems for those that should attempt to lay hands and or chains to her.  I fear that what this individual has done to her mind is as great if not a greater wrong to a member of your household.  That is for you to determine.   But I have a solution that may be agreeable to you and to all others concerning Lady Elizabeth until her actions can be brought before the King to settle on the matter of her alligence to the tratior Ruspoli when she is in her right mind again.  As for Ruspoli I believe their will be a need for several horses, lots of rope, plenty of sharp blades, and a large fire to finally show him the errors of his ways here in the western region.

Hopefully their stellar Majesties will find the wisdom of Solomon himself in handling this matter of what should become her but in the meantime as you know there is a large monastary just north of the Crossrodes that has taken on the duties of helping those afflicted with the maladies of the brain.   It would be a suitable place to temporarly house Elizabeth and she could then receive the help she needs from the good nuns and monks that work and live their.  Then her parents could be able to receive a good nights sleep as the howls she makes at night will not reach them and she would be not able to hurt herself or others

I remain in service to the Kingdom

Agnarr Thorvaldsson
Shire of Crossrode Keep