[Western] Fighter Practices

Cameron Cook bonwickejester at yahoo.com
Mon May 23 09:49:28 PDT 2005

Greetings Unto the Western Region,

First, let me say thank you to Lord Angus, and the rest of Mendersham for a wonderful (albeit hot) event. Great fun was had by all. Vivat Mendersham!

Now, as the rest of the season rolls on, let it be known that it was decided by Her Excellency, Sir Britta MacGregor, and myself to hold a Monthly Regional Fighter Practice (both chivalric and rapier), on the first Sunday of every month at Lamesa City Park (Bonwicke's Champions Site) starting at the noon hour and going until you can't swing a sword any longer. If there is an event that weekend, then the practice will either take place that Sunday before we all trek home, or it will be cancelled. This allows the fighters to, once a month, get together and practice against other fighters that they don't usually get to practice against during the normal weekly fighter practice that each individual group holds. Variety leads to learning new things, which in turn leads to everyone improving his or her skills. The Monthly Regional Fighter Practice will begin next month, on Sunday, June 5th. Both Her Excellency (and presumably His Excellency, Sir Aaron) and I will be there, and we encourage
 all in the region who fight in either circle to attend, practice, and get re-enthused about the game that we all play. So, mark your calendars for June 5th, July 3rd, and August 7th. September 4th is right in the middle of Gothic Wars, but we will pick up the schedule again on October 2nd. Come, practice, and enjoy the day!

In Service to Kingdom and Region,
Ld. William Cameron

P.S.
Her Excellency, Sir Britta, says "Be there or die!"