[Western] Request for tokens for Twelfth Night

paula hanna pippermint at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 26 13:40:04 PST 2006

Good Ladies of the West,

I trust that all had a merry yule and look forward to the celebrations of the new year.
And with the approaching of the turn of the season we look forward to Bonwicke's Twelfth
Night. As it stands, we have less than a fortnight, and as we originated last year, we
will again be naming ladies' choice for the victors of the day's tournaments. I invite
all ladies to spend a portion of your day at the list field observing your favorites for
the Chivalric and Rapier Champions of the Argent Heart.

Last year, all ladies (and even some gentlemen) set about filling 6 baskets of trinkets
and largess to be presented to the 3 recipients in both the rapier and chivalric lists. I
ask
that you cosider your donations again this year.

Below is a list of suggestions to fill these baskets. Please take a look, and tell me
what you are bringing. Please remember that items for both men and women are
greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much,
Baroness Oriana
Twelfth Night Co-Steward

---

The List:
napkins - linen, cotton, damask
napkin rings
bone spoons
bone cups
period-looking mugs - ceramic, wood, pewter, brass
wooden bowls
glass bottles
basket cloths
vases - silver, brass, soapstone
candleholders - soapstone, wooden, brass, silver
candles - tapers, tealights, pillars
aprons
handknitted mittens
gloves
dress handkerchiefs
necklaces - semiprecious stone, chip, glass bead, coral, bone, freshwater pearl
brooches with center set stones
bracelets - semiprecious stone, chip, glass bead, coral, bone, freshwater pearl
semiprecious stones
glass beads
seed beads
magnifying glasses with nice handles
pouches
jewelry pouches
bags - small/handsewn, decorative, embroidered, totes
hand-painted boxes
boxes - wooden, soapstone, painted glass
sinew
leather thong
waxed thread - for sewing leather
suede
duct tape
horn
antler
ostrich plumes
pheasant feathers
belts
belt blanks
rivets
period-looking buckles
belt mounts
lace
trim
tassels - handmade or otherwise
material - white for veils/shirts
embroidery floss - wool, silk, modern
needles - modern or period
embroidery hoops
buttons - pearl, bone, antler, wood
hooks & eyes - all sizes
ribbon
good thread - silk, wool, handspun
seam rippers
small scissors
handmade paper
handmade books
sealing wax/seal
quills
ink - black, colors
paintbrushes
stationery
calligraphy pens
ocarina - wooden, ceramic
fans - sandalwood, feather
bath salts
bath oils
essential oils
handmade soaps
handmade lotion
bruise balm
seed packages of medieval herbs - lavender, marjoram, sage, rosemary...
jars of herbs
jars of honey
homemade pickles - cucumbers, olives, garlic, mushrooms
canned (sealed/processed) spreads - apple butter, pumpkin butter, honey butter
gourmet mustards
dried meats - sealed well
rustic crackers
shortbread