[Western] Applications for Western Seneschal

Elaine Starkey estarkey at camalott.com
Sat Jan 14 10:07:13 PST 2006

Can you believe it?  Come next month, I will have been your Western Regional
Seneschal for two years.  It's about time for a replacement.

What does the WR Seneschal do?

I get monthly reports from all the local seneschals by email, print them
out, and file them.

I get End of Reign reports from the local seneschals, print them out and
file them.

I send a quarterly report to the Kingdom seneschal that is compiled from the
monthlies and the EORs that I get from the seneschals.

I keep copies of all correspondence that I either get or send out.

I am the liason between the Kingdom and the officers and people of the
Region.

I get phone calls from the Kingdom seneschal telling me to get information,
solve problems, find out what is going on.

I get phone calls and emails from regional and local officers asking for and
giving information.

I call, email, phone and talk at events giving information, discussing
problems, finding solutions.

I research Kingdom and SCA corpora laws, handouts, publications and talk to
various knowledgable people to find answers to questions, then get back with
the person who asked me.

I get with the Regional Officers and schedule and run Crescent Wrench.

I appoint local seneschals, and send the change to the Kingdom Seneschal and
the Kingdom Chronicler.

I bug people about getting waivers sent in to the waiver secretary.

I bug the seneschals about their treasurer's reports getting in on time.

I teach the seneschal class that incoming seneschals and autocrats need.

I advise, cajole, decide, say yes, say no, encourage, research, check up on
progress of things, facilitate information flow.  I encourage local groups
to make their own solutions to their problems.

I have helped Am Loch step over the line and become an incipient shire.

I have compiled a listing of reporting for events, local offices, and
fighter practices that is now on line at ansteorra.org.

I have unsucessfully tried to get the Kingdom Archery Marshal to appoint a
Regional Marshal.

I have appointed new seneschals for all the shires except Adlersruhe.

I have run 4 regional Crescent Wrench administrative events with the help of
our fine groups and regional officers.

If you are interested in applying for my office, please send an email with
your application to the Kingdom Seneschal ELanghans at khou.com which contains
all the information asked for on the application for office
http://www.ansteorra.org/regnum/seneschal/forms/Application.pdf plus a copy
of the application to me estarkey at camalott.com.  You should also attach a
copy of your membership card and a picture id. ( black out your driver's
license or social security number).  Please also send an email to the
western region list with your application for office minus the membership
card and the picture ID, so our populous will know you and be able to send
in letters of recommendation about you.  Come see me at the next Crescent
Wrench, and become my deputy.

You need email. You need a phone. You should be able to teach the seneschal
and autocrat class.  You should be able to make most WR events, and some out
of region events.

Ok.  So maybe I lied at 12th Night when I said it was an easy job.

HL AmaRyah hap Illys de Visclo
Western Region Seneschal