[Western] Seeking Teachers

HE Kainin Tepesa kainintepesa at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 20 11:55:15 PDT 2006

Greetings unto the Western Region,

As most of you know by now, we are holding a college
on Saturday, November the 18th. In conjunction with
the college will be the western region's bi-annual
organizational meeting, Crescent Wrench. This is a
call for people interested in teaching classes for the
college.

We would like for the main focus to be for newcomers
to our game. Bonwicke has seen a recent influx of many
new and excited players and the college was our idea
on how to give them all in-depth instruction on many
of the topics that are often important to people
experiencing the SCA for the first time.

Some of the classes that we currently have in the
works are; SCA 101: Courtly Graces, Introduction to
Illumination / Charter Painting, Introduction to
Costuming / Medieval Hairstyles, Introduction to
Research (persona, name, arts & sciences, etc.),
Introduction to Heraldry / Heraldry Consultation, a
possible class on persona play, a possible class on
how to run a feast and a few more that are still at
the more nebulas stage. These will be offered along
with the various office training classes such as the
Seneschal and Reeve classes and the general meeting.

We would like to have some classes on chivalric and
rapier fighting (there will be a place to fight
outside - assuming the weather is kind), courtly
graces and or chivalry, the concept of the dream
and/or history of the SCA, bardic, any of the many
arts & sciences that we study, etc; we just need the
volunteers to teach them.

If you have an interest in teaching a class, or have a
suggestion on a class that you would like to see
offered, please email me at kainintepesa at yahoo.com as
soon as you can. I will be out of town from Friday,
September 22nd thru Wednesday, September 27th, but
promise you a prompt response on my return. It is
important that we wrap the classes up by the beginning
of October so that we have time to get with her
Excellency Ryah and work on a schedule.

Many thanks,
Kainin
Baron of Bonwicke