[Western] Crown Tournament Thank Yous

HE Kainin Tepesa kainintepesa at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 10 14:03:41 PDT 2007

Greetings unto my kinsmen,

I would like to take this opportunity to pass along
some thanks. I would foremost thank Their Majesties
for allowing Bonwicke to host Their Crown Tournament
and to all who traveled so very far, especially faced
with less than temperate weather, to take part in it.
We know well how very far it is from the more populous
areas of the Kingdom to the western region, and we
appreciate all that are willing to make that trek.

I would like to thank the ladies that stepped in at
the eleventh hour to make the site tokens for the
event. We had a plan in place, there were
complications with it, and I really thought that I was
going to be without tokens for the event; but Lady
Clairiandra and Honorable Lady Serafina worked
diligently to make sure that was not the case. The
tokens they produced were beautiful, and fit my vision
to a tee.

My thanks to Lady Aerin who not only shared some of
the acquisition duties for Crown, splitting items with
me from her own stewardship of Champions of Bonwicke
at the end of the month (shameless plug -
http://www.bonwicke.org/champions.html ) but who also
agreed to be my gate coordinator. My thanks also to
Alaric who worked along side her for the lion’s share
of the gate shifts and was also the gentle that coded
the website for me, taking the graphics and making
them into something all could view.

My thanks to my good Seneschal, Lady Giorgio, who
coordinated the water bearing duties for the weekend
as well as provided the much loved and well used fire
pit. Also thanks again to Honorable Lady Serafina for
the coffee and hot chocolate deliveries to the field.
Along with the loving care that Mistress Kasilda
provided via her own pavilion and stew pot, we were
able to stave off the greater effects of the cold day.
My thanks to all that helped serve water to the
fighters.

My thanks to all that shared the warmth of their
pavilions, shared their cloaks and other cold weather
gear and just generally came together in friendship to
make the most of a cold April day.

My thanks to all that provided food for our donations
luncheon and to those that coordinated it in the hall.
Because of your efforts we were able to raise $130 for
our trailer fund, but most importantly we were able to
provide warm food to the masses.

My thanks again to Lady Clairiandra and her husband
Alaric for helping with the marking of the pavilion
reservations, the placement of the SCA signs and the
covering of the lyst field. They both braved the cold
wind Friday afternoon to help me make sure that these
vital tasks were seen too.

My thanks to Her Highness, Ebergardis, for filling in
as my Chirurgeon-in-charge at the last minute and my
thanks to the marshals and heralds that braved the
cold.

My thanks to all that helped with the decoration and
setup of the hall and then the take down and clean up
of it afterwards. These include: Lady Clairiandra,
Alaric, Lady Giorgio, Honorable Lady Serafina, Lady
Aerin, Her Excellency Ryah, Lady Beornwyn, Chontell,
Lord James, Master Modius, Mistress Sara and my lady
wife, Baroness Oriana.

Lastly I would like to thank my lady wife, Baroness
Oriana, who is a constant inspiration and strength to
me. I am forever taking on tasks like this, and when I
do, I am never just committing my own time, I am also
committing hers. She is a help like no other, working
alongside me and giving me the strength and support to
see the task through to the end. I can never thank you
enough, my love.

I am certain that I have missed some names, please
know that it is not a slight against your service,
merely an oversight on my part. There are so many
hands that come together to make an event a success
that it is almost impossible to give the proper thanks
to each and every one of them but it is most certainly
appreciated.

As I stood in the cold, my hair and beard crusted with
the falling snow and the smell of wood smoke wafting
through the air; watching the best of this great
Kingdom vie for the title of Prince and Princess, I
could not have been prouder of the strength and
resolve of this great Kingdom and the way that we all
pull together to make the most of any situation. There
is nowhere I would rather have been this weekend past,
and I thank all of you for making that moment, that
much-sought-after SCA moment, come true for me.

Vivat Ansteorra!

In service to Christ and Crown,
Kainin Tepesa
Baron of Bonwicke