[Western] CeltFest kudoes!

jlusk at crcom.net jlusk at crcom.net
Tue Apr 17 08:21:49 PDT 2007

Greetings, y'all!

I wanted to share portions of an email I received from the CeltFesTexas
director:

> I want to thank you and the members of the SCA that helped set up and tear
> down for the great service you provided.  We would have not been able to
> get
> it accomplished without you.  Robert said that he will let you guys use
> power tools any time you want :)
>
> Second, I want to thank the group for a great show!! You guys were a great
> hit and were talked about by everyone.  We want you to continue to be part
> of this organization and this event.
>
> Again, GREAT help and GREAT job at the festival!!  Please pass the word on
> to everyone that helped and performed.
>
> Fil

To follow up, I add my sincere thanks to all of you who showed up.  I had
a fun time, and hope the rest of you did, too.

If I name names, I'll forget someone--you know who you are--but special
thanks to those who came early and stayed late to help with set up and
take down, who hauled loads of equipment and crafts (like looms, boffers,
period tables and feast ware, quilt frames, heavy and light weapons and
armor, stocks, chain mail, crumhorms, bombasts...the list goes on), who
gave wonderful demos of fighting and weaving and braiding and music, who
visited with adults and children about SCA and what we do, and all the
other elements of putting on a good demo.  You are all wonderful!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Your tired but happy friend,
Lady Elewys