[Western] Twelfth Night Thanks - Belated

kate mills serafinadegratia at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 9 14:51:46 PST 2007

Greetings Good Gentles of Bonwicke and the Western Region-

  I must apoplogize for the unforgiveable tardiness of this message, but have been seperated from my scribal machine, and this is the first opportunity I have had to sit down and compose my thoughts following our lovely event. Of course, Her Excellency Oriana expressed herself most gracefully, and for the most part I can only mirror her praises for everyone who helped prepare for and participated in our Twelfth Night.

  As Co-Steward for the event, HE Oriana cheerfully accepted all of the most tedious tasks, and managed them magnificently, as she always does. She somehow remained cheerful, positive and encouraging throughout the weeks leading up to Saturday, a talent I will never understand. She wrangled feast reservations, fielded endless questions, organized the prize baskets, directed the hall decorating, and basically was the event steward.

  Similarly, His Excellency Kainin quietly did all the things that he always does to ensure that a Bonwicke event lives up to a certain standard. Because of him, we can all take for granted that the trailer will be on-site and unloaded, that the gate will have cash and supplies, that there will be coolers for water bearing, and tables for everything else. If it were not for His Excellency, our events would take place mostly on the ground at an intersection somewhere. If Twelfth Night was a success at all, it is thanks in no small part to these two fine people.

  As for the feast, if it was a success, it was not because of me. Ly Giorgio offered her assistance months ago, when I first proposed to steward this feast. And true to her word, she arrived armed with experience and an RV full of supplies. She worked tirelessly all day and evening, doing things I won't describe here, but suffice it to say, I owe her a lot. (And I'm sorry about the chickens.) She cooked, cleaned, managed the servers and cleaned the kitchen. If you enjoyed the feast, thank her.

  Thank you to Revekka, my oldest and dearest friend, who sacrificed her last weekend of winter break to travel from distant lands and sleep on my couch and help any way she could. She remained chipper ansd supportive all Thursday and Friday, while I panicked. She worked unquestioningly all day Saturday at unpleasant tasks. So, to you, I'm sorry about the pears.

  Thank you to Ly Aoife for providing the bread for the feast. The loaves were beautiful, and it was a great burden lifted to know they were in such capable hands.

  To the multitudes who came to the kitchen and pitched in where they could, as well as the horde of servers, thank you for braving the chaos of the kitchen. Thank you to Chris and Addy, for washing pots and pans during the day. Thank you to Ladies Beornwyn, Isobel and Caite as well as m'lord Ryan and a host of sweet, giggling young ladies for graciously serving the feast. Also, thank you Ly Isobel for acting as kitchen chiurgeon. The blisters are completely gone!

  Of course, I was honored and the kitchen was graced by the presence of two most noble ladies form the south. Clara, a Mistress of the Laurel and the current Kingdom Artisan (for cooking, no less) and Countess Sara, also a mistress of the Laurel, and Pelican and a Baroness of the Court, donned do-rags and comical aprons in order to assist in the feast preperation. I wish I had thought to pack a camera. Their grace and diginty are of course, inspirational, but it is their charm and humour that always catch me off guard, and which came in very handy later in the day.

  To my good friend, Ld Kormak, thank you for the site tokens. And thank you for your endless good cheer, even when I bring you impossible tasks and even more impossible deadlines. You are the epitome of a fine medieval craftsman and gentleman, and everyone would do well to look to you as an example of service and grace.

  To my friends Ly Clairiandra and m'lord Alaric, thank you for everything, most specifically, arranging for and delivering the chairs. It would not have been nearly so majestic an event on the floor. Truly, your service in this instance went above and beyond.

  There are countless others who contributed and participated in the event, and for that, I thank you all. Bonwicke's Twelfth Night is a very special event to me, and I feel very lucky to have such wonderful people to share it with!

  Serafina

http://mail.yahoo.com