[Western] Salwar Kameez

Barbara Viruet bviruet at angelo.edu
Tue Jul 3 12:27:47 PDT 2007

Dibs!!!

Behiye

  _____

From: western-bounces at lists.ansteorra.org
[mailto:western-bounces at lists.ansteorra.org] On Behalf Of Quill
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 2:23 PM
To: Mailing Lists
Subject: [Western] Salwar Kameez

I have two salwar kameez I bought - from an Urdu woman whose daughter grew
out of them last year - to loan to friends. (One was worn to a prom.) I have
no use for them myself, and would now like to pass them on. (Especially
since I'm moving, and the less I have to put in storage the better.)

Salwar kameez is traditional unisex dress worn in India, Pakistan,
Afghanistan and the Middle East. (More information at wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salwar_kameez
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salwar_kameez> ). However, these two are
intended to be worn by a female. They would make very good eastern garb (or
just pretty clothes) for a petite young lady between, perhaps aged 13-20. (I
don't know anything about dress sizes.)

Each handmade matched set includes a short-sleeved kameez (tunic), shalwar
("pajama" trouser, elastic waist) and dupatta (large "scarf"). One is
slightly smaller, with yellow-green colours, diagonal stripes across the
front, and is excellent for summer wear. The other is a little more formal
("party dress") and modern, in tan and maroon, with a lot of beautiful
embroidery and bead work; pants have been taken in some. (Lots of synthetic
material on this one.) Both have been well taken care of, are attractive and
figure-complimenting.

I will have photos for anyone who asks.
If interested, please send me an email.
I paid $20 for these, but I'm not asking anything for them except S&H if I
have to mail them.

Hey, "made in India" but 100% guaranteed NOT by slave labour!

Probably I'll put them up on ebay soon, or just stick them back in storage,
but I thought I would see if anyone nearby knows of a girl who would like to
try an Indian persona or something of the sort.

Namste,
Cuillioc "Quill"