[Western] Gothic Challenge

paula hanna pippermint at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 19 09:28:22 PDT 2007

Unto My Family, Friends, Champions, Guards and Defenders do I send greetings of concern
and gratitude.

First, my thanks. to all who have heard rantings and rumours that would belittle my
lord-husband's position and impugn my honour and who have chosen to stand against the
flippant disregard with which these words are bandied about, you have my undying
gratitude and respect. I would call upon even more to search your hearts for what you
know to be true - that Baron Kainin is above all noble and honourable in his concern for
the lands which the King himself has seen fit to bestow upon him!

Whether it is the fiery Ansteorran sun that fevers the mind or else a strange
restlessness that drives men power hungry to the point of, dare I say, a war, know that
even though I am a woman, within me beats the heart of a Bonwickian and an Ansteorran.
And I will not sit idly by and watch those ravenous with greed seek to overtake our
homes, our lands, our children.

Assail my character? My honour? My reputation? Perhaps. But there is naught that could
truly diminish my honour as I take up whatever tools necessary and stand beside my
brothers and sisters to defend that which is rightfully ours.

I know there are more in these lands who feel the same, and it serves my patriot heart
well to know so.

Mistress Oriana della Francesca
Lady Bonwicke