[Western] Bonwicke's Yearly Demo and Revel

paula hanna pippermint at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 24 11:43:38 PDT 2007

Unto all my friends and family in the West! Greetings!

I would like to invite as many as can make it (even if only for a little while) to
Bonwicke's yearly All-Flags-Flying Demo in the Park. This is our yearly membership drive
and general SCA-awareness mini-event with pavilions, banners, lyst field and everyone in
their most spectacular costumes.

We hope to have both chivalric and rapier tournaments during the day as well. And a
potluck revel in the evening!

Bring all your fantastic A&S, drums, instruments, singing voices, pavilions, flags,
teaching skills, hospitaler attitude and willingness to strap on armor, and prepare to
have a fantastic day of talking up this hobby that we all love with people who just
haven't had the opportunity to realize they love this hobby, too!

Here's the Details:
---------------
Saturday, August 4, 2007
Maxey Park - 24th & Quaker Ave. (northwest corner) | Lubbock
Set-up starts at 10am
Take-down starts at 4 or 5pm
Potluck Revel immediately following (directions to be posted to the list or given on
site)

I hope to see everyone there!
Baroness Oriana

---

Although the story always exaggerates the foolishness of Jack's bargain, I can't help but wonder what the heck a magic bean salesman wants with a friggin' cow.